Sunday, November 2, 2008

Living my own Dream

The combination of film and writing would make me incredibly happy. Because of that, I think my dream job would be a movie reviewer. I was in a film career track in high school, which made me more critical and analytical of movies. I also totally appreciate film and would love to be in a career associated with it even if I am not involved in actually making them. Ever since I was little I have loved writing. I would read everything and write my own stories, letting my imagination run wild. Getting paid to watch movies and write what I think about them sounds amazing. I think that this relates to the ‘American Dream’ because I would be doing what I love. I think a big part of the elusive American Dream is doing something that you enjoy and that makes you happy. Having this career would definitely live up to that criteria.

Word Count: 154

6 comments:

Waquesha's said...

Wow you like film. I have thought about that it seems interesting.Since you already was on the flim career track in high school you should stick with it.Follow your dreams. Try try never give up.

Alma R said...

I definetly agree with your statement about our American dream being about something that we like to do and makes us happy, becasue think about it: if we were stuck doing something we didn't enjoy there would be no purpose in our lives.

Isabelle said...

I think that being a critic would be a great job. To watch movies all day and then write about whether you liked it or not is a very comfortable job. Not to mention, you get to have the power of telling others whether this is a worthwhile movie to watch or not. I would really love to be a movie critic as well because there are too many movies out there that don't deserve to be out there.

Shannon said...

I love the idea of being able to watch movies all day, and getting paid for it. I definitely agree that a major part of achieving your American Dream is doing something that makes you completely happy, and it's really cool that you've been able to combine all of your interests into a career.

Brad said...

Very interesting career field most people say they want to be an actor/actress when they are younger but not may say they want to be a screenwriter I think this would be very cool to see your story come to life on the screen.

Lindsay said...

MY DREAM JOB WOULD BE A MOVIE REVIEWER TOO.